|Compatible with||Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection, Steam|
|Hotsampling via||Running the game in windowed mode|
|Supports IGCS Connector||Yes|
The photomode mod for Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection offers the following features:
Camera control: (Also in cut scenes and photo-mode)
- FoV control
- Free unlimited camera movement and rotation
- Camera paths support ('dolly cam') for defining moving camera trajectories for movies.
- Game pause / unpause.
- HUD toggle
- Higher model LODs
- Sun position control (also in Uncharted 4: A Thief's end!)
- Game speed control (slow-motion, speed up)
- Optional chromatic aberration removal
- Optional barrel distortion removal
- Optional DOF removal
- Optional Vignette removal
- Sharpening control
- Exposure control
- Custom aspect ratios
- Configurable input interpolation for smooth camera movement/rotation/fov zoom in/out
- Configurable keybindings
- Configurable gamepad buttonbindings
Please see for details how to get started and configure this photomode mod, General features and configuration. This guide will provide additional information for the controls / features specific for this photomode mod.
If you don't see the
u4.exe process or the
tll.exe process in the Process to inject to textbox,
please click the Select button to select it manually. This might be
the case if you're running the game as Administrator, and the
IGCSClient.exe does not, it can't see the u4.exe/tll.exe process.
In that case, restart the
IGCSClient.exe as Administrator.
The tools work for both A Thief's End and The Lost Legacy. When you switch from one to the other in the main menu of the game, the executable will exit and the executable of the other game will start. This will close the igcs client, so you have to restart the igcs client when you switch games.
The HUD toggle is built with my ShaderToggler Reshade Addon. I was unable to implement a proper hud toggle which toggles all elements. If you don't want to use Reshade, you sadly have to use the photomode. To install the HUD toggle, install Reshade 5.4.2 or higher with Addon support, from https://reshade.me. On the reshade page at the bottom, click the "Download ReShade 5.4.2 with full add-on support" button (it's grey) and install that for the game. The version might be newer than 5.4.2, just get the latest version.
Then copy the two files in the "HUD Toggle" folder into your Uncharted game folder (the folder where the exe's are). The HUD toggle will now work by pressing Del. To see if you've installed it correctly, when you open the Reshade panel in-game, (default the HOME key) you should see an Add-on tab with the Shader toggler present.
Guide for setting up Reshade: https://framedsc.com/ReshadeGuides/setupreshade.htm Guide for Shader Toggler: https://framedsc.com/ReshadeGuides/Addons/shader_toggler_repository.htm
Additionally to the normal configuration features, this photomode mod also has the following additional features:
The camera smoothing options are for when you want to record a video by flying through the game world and control the camera manually, so not through a camera path. Normally the input to the camera system will be used instantly and you see an effect immediately. However for videos it's often desired to have a smoother camera movement than what's needed when you position the camera for a shot.
The camera smoothing options will give you the ability to control how much of the input you're giving to the camera system is used in future frames so
it's creating a smoother experience; e.g. if you set the movement interpolation factor slider to
100 (default is
1), the input given to move the camera
forward is used over 100 frames and is slowly flowing away to 0 after you stop giving input to move forward.
Additionally if you first move forward and then move to the right, with the default setting of
1 the camera will first move forward and then immediately
move to the right. However with an interpolation factor of e.g.
100 it'll smoothly move to the right, more in a curve than straight away. This gives
smooth movement and rotations of the camera. For the Field of View there's also an interpolation factor, which can be used to smoothly zoom in/out so it's
less 'jerky' when you try to zoom in/out.
Try to combine the values for the smoothing factors with lower/higher values for movement and rotation speed to find the ideal setup for your recording. It's likely you want a higher interpolation factor for movement than for rotation and FoV.
The values are stored in the ini file for next time you start the client.
If you use an xbox controller it might be it won't work with the camera tools if you have it enabled (so its checkbox is checked) in the General Controller configuration in Steam. If you uncheck that checkbox it'll work fine (and also in-game).
The Misc. Adjustments tab is the tab where you can adjust additional aspects of the game. It offers the following features:
- Game speed
- This controls how fast the runs internally; a value of 1.0 is 'normal game speed' and a value of 0.0 is total pause. Use this to create slow-motion effects which help you pause the game at the right moment.
- Higher model LODs
- This controls the detail of objects/people/trees/grass further away. When checked this gives better details further away.
- Disable CA and barrel distortion
- This setting will disable the Chromatic Aberration and Barrel Distortion the game introduces in the final image. Won't affect chromatic abberation introduced in the photomode. Checking this checkbox is required to have ReShade's depth buffer align with the final image
- Disable DOF when camera is active
- If checked, it'll disable the DOF when the camera is active, also in photomode
- Disable Vignette when camera is active
- If checked, it'll disable the vignette when the camera is active, also in photomode
- This controls the in-game sharpening. By default it's 0.25 which is the in-game sharpening amount. This can be a bit too sharp for many, so you can now change it (less or more than the default) to the value of your liking.
- Use this to override the in-game exposure. It's clamped by the engine so you can't go pitch dark or super bright.
These options allow you to control the position of the sun, in both A Thief's End and The Lost Legacy.
- Sun position latitude
- This controls the vertical position of the sun. 0 is at the horizon, 90 is above your head
- Sun position longtitude
- This controls the horizontal position of the sun, it rotates around you.
When you create a Camera path, each node records the camera location, orientation and field of view.
Additionally it'll record the sun position latitude and longtitude. These have an effect only when you have sun position control enabled during playback.
The default photomode mod controls are listed below. It depends on the Camera control device setting on the Configuration tab whether the device (e.g. mouse or gamepad) can control the camera.
When moving the mouse:
- No mouse buttons pressed: rotate the camera
- Left button pressed: move camera up / down / left / right
- Right button pressed: move camera forward / backward / left / right
- Both left and right button pressed: tilt camera left / right
- Mousewheel: increase / decrease Field of View (FoV)
||Enable / Disable the camera|
||Block / Unblock input to game|
||Lock / Unlock camera movement|
||Move camera left (+
||Move camera right (+
||Move camera forward (+
||Move camera backward (+
||Move camera up (+
||Move camera down (+
||Move camera left (+
||Rotate camera up (+
||Rotate camera down (+
||Rotate camera left (+
||Rotate camera right (+
||Pause / Unpause the game|
||Skip a few frames when paused|
||Tilt camera left (+
||Tilt camera right (+
||Toggle HUD (External tool via reshade)|
||Toggle gamespeed override|
||Start / pause playback|
||Add node to active path|
||Replace the active node on the active path|
||Insert a new node in front of the active node on the active path|
||Go to start of active path|
||Go to end of active path|
||Go to previous node on active path|
||Go to next node on active path|
||Select the first path during playback (if any)|
||Select the second path during playback (if any)|
||Select the third path during playback (if any)|
||Select the forth path during playback (if any)|
||Select the firth path during playback (if any)|
||Select the sixth path during playback (if any)|
||Select the seventh path during playback (if any)|
||Select the eighth path during playback (if any)|
||Select the ninth path during playback (if any)|
|Left stick||Move camera forward / backward / left / right|
|Right stick||Rotate camera|
|Left trigger||Move camera up|
|Right trigger||Move camera down|
|Y button + left / right stick||Faster movement / rotation|
|X button + left / right stick||Slower movement / rotation|
|D-pad up / down||Increase / decrease FoV|
|B button||Reset FoV|
|Start||Start / pause playback|
|Left bumber||Go to previous node on active path|
|Right bumper||Go to next node on active path|
|A||Add node to active path|
|X button + pressing left stick||Toggle gamespeed override|
|X button + left bumper||Decrease gamespeed.|
|X button + right bumper||Increase gamespeed.|